Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Light it up!

Last night I went to strip & wax a floor in a poorly lit entryway. It was rather difficult to make sure I got everything up due to the lighting. So I stripped the floor twice.- which meant extra time and extra stripper, but I wanted to make sure I did a good job for the customer.
When faced with a cleaning job - maximize your lighting so that all areas are cleaned and any spots are able to be removed. It will make your job easier and your customer will be pleased with the extra attention you gave the job. Hope this helps.

1 comment:

urbiegee said...

I wholeheartidly agree. My business, Your Fresh Start Cleaning service, located in Tucson, Arizona and is a mostly house cleanig service. Lighting is critical in making sure that I do not miss anything. I go a spet further after the initial clean. Before leaving the home I do a recheck of my work. I enter each room with the eye of the home owner in mind. It is important to see the room as the homeowner does. So I pause for a moment on sit on the couch just as the homeowner does. Then you can see things as they see your work. This is a great way to pick up the small details that can be easily missed by the home cleaner but not the homeowner. I also invite you to my house cleaning tips blpog at
http://www.yourfreshstart.us/pw